- 1 What are the major problems facing guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
- 2 What are the problems facing guidance and Counselling?
- 3 What are the purpose of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
- 4 Why do we need guidance and counseling services in Nigeria educational system?
- 5 Why guidance is more than teaching the learners?
- 6 What are the problems in Counselling?
- 7 What is the role of teacher as a Counsellor?
- 8 What are the problems of educational guidance?
- 9 What are the problems militating against the development of guidance and counseling?
- 10 What are the three major areas of guidance and Counselling?
- 11 Why is career guidance important for students?
- 12 What are the principles of guidance?
- 13 What is the importance of guidance and Counselling in schools?
- 14 What are the benefits of guidance and Counselling in schools?
- 15 What is the main aims of guidance and counseling?
What are the major problems facing guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
The issues range from lack of appraisal tools for counselling; poor physical facilities for counselling; inadequate communication by counsellors with teachers, administrators, students and parents; high ratio of students to counsellors, and counsellors ‘ lack of power to influence change in the school; lack of
What are the problems facing guidance and Counselling?
Various challenges to implementation of guidance and counselling programme included lack of specific time allocation, inadequate facilities, lack of cooperation from students and lack of cooperation from parents.
What are the purpose of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
The provision of guidance and counselling services in the secondary schools is geared towards helping students to understand self and to take appropriate steps in making educational, social, vocational and psychological life long decisions.
Why do we need guidance and counseling services in Nigeria educational system?
Guidance and counselling services in the university promote the personal social planning and programming for students with special learning needs. The students need to prepare themselves not only academically but also socially in order for them to gain acceptance into the new community.
Why guidance is more than teaching the learners?
Proper guidance helps them achieve their goals, well guided & counselled students know what to do and how to do things in the best possible way. It allows students to talk to teachers about various experiences that make them uncomfortable. They can openly share problems that they cannot share with their parents.
What are the problems in Counselling?
- Anxiety (including panic/anxiety attacks)
- Grief and Loss.
- Anger Management.
- Alcohol and Drug dependency.
- Addictive Behaviors (food, sex, drug, alcohol, work)
- Self-Defeating Behaviors.
- Childhood Abuse (physical, emotional, and sexual)
What is the role of teacher as a Counsellor?
Considered as the main resource for students, the teacher has the main responsibility in counseling and orientation being given the fact that he spends a long time in the presence of students, observes them in many contexts, he can supervise them better, he can evaluate them but in the same time because the teacher has
What are the problems of educational guidance?
Study found that teacher counsellors were facing many challenges like non-availability of adequate resources, lack of time, lack of professional training & skills, heavy work pressure, lack of parental support and support from school administration.
What are the problems militating against the development of guidance and counseling?
Lack of shared understanding in the school and community about the role of guidance and counseling such as; Para- counseling views or attitude of the pupils, time allocated for practice, curriculum planning, political influence, changes in education plan, fund, and availability of trained personnel are some of the
What are the three major areas of guidance and Counselling?
There are three major areas of guidance and counselingin school.
- Educational guidance and counseling.
- Vocational guidance and counseling.
- personal-social guidance and counselling. •
Why is career guidance important for students?
Students need career guidance to explore and plan for future career endeavors based on their individual interests, skills and values. Participation in career guidance enhances linkage of academic and career experiences and thus, improves career preparation and management.
What are the principles of guidance?
Principles of Guidance
- Principle of all-round development of the individual.
- The principle of human uniqueness.
- Principle of holistic development.
- The principle of cooperation.
- The principle of continuity.
- The principle of extension.
- The principle of elaboration.
- The principle of adjustment.
What is the importance of guidance and Counselling in schools?
The major aim of Guidance Counseling Services is to encourage students’ academic, social, emotional and personal development. To reach this aim, guidance counseling services help students get to know themselves better and find effective solutions to their daily problems.
What are the benefits of guidance and Counselling in schools?
Further, counselors often help students:
- Maintain academic standards and set goals for academic success.
- Develop skills to improve organization, study habits, and time management.
- Work through personal problems that may affect academics or relationships.
- Improve social skills.
What is the main aims of guidance and counseling?
Aims of Guidance and Counselling Programs The aims of the guidance and counselling service are similar to the purposes of education in general—to assist the students in fulfilling their basic physiological needs, understanding themselves and acceptance of others, developing associations with peers, balancing between