- 1 What are the challenges of development in Nigeria?
- 2 What are the challenges in front of national development?
- 3 What are the problem of economic development in Nigeria?
- 4 What are the challenges of development?
- 5 What are the problems of research in Africa?
- 6 What are the stages of development in Nigeria?
- 7 What are the 3 challenges of nation building?
- 8 Why national development is important?
- 9 What are the features of national development?
- 10 What are the social problems in Nigeria?
- 11 How can Nigeria economy be improved?
- 12 What is the problem of economic development?
- 13 What are the challenges of sustainable development?
- 14 What are the challenges related to developing countries?
- 15 What are the barriers to development?
What are the challenges of development in Nigeria?
Research and human capital development in Nigeria are faced with enormous challenges. These challenges include: inadequate funding; lack of equipments facilities and material, lack of awareness, lack of implementation of research results, low rating in human capital indices, Brian-drain, etc.
What are the challenges in front of national development?
These are the some of the problems of national development: (ii) Large scale unemployment and under-employment. (iii) Large pool of illiteracy. (iv) Rapid growth of population. (v) Challenges of national and emotional integration.
What are the problem of economic development in Nigeria?
The eight major causes of Nigeria economic challenges identified by the study include: Ineffective Leadership and Corruption, Over Reliance on Oil, inflation, unemployment, Government policy, Monetary policies, Inadequate infrastructures and power supply, Inadequate health facilities, Insecurity and some way forward
What are the challenges of development?
Improvements in material living standards; income, consumption, employment, savings and investment; food security; income and wealth distribution; poverty reduction, environmental protection. Equitable economic growth; empowerment; governance; change in formal and informal rights and social and economic relations.
What are the problems of research in Africa?
These challenges include scarcity of mentors, lack of funding, lack of writing skills, lack of motivation, and low demand for research by policymakers.
What are the stages of development in Nigeria?
For Rostow (1962), development is divided into five stages which are; the traditional society, the pre-condition for take-off stage, the take-off stage, the maturity stage, and the stage of high-mass consumption.
What are the 3 challenges of nation building?
The first challenge was to shape a nation that was united, yet accommodative of the diversity in our society. There were different culture, religions, languages in the country. It was a very serious question of unity and integration which was to be solved by the leaders. The second challenge was to establish democracy.
Why national development is important?
The pride of any government is the attainment of higher value level of development in such as way that her citizens would derive natural attachment to governance. National development refers to a nation’s ability to improve the lives of her citizens.
What are the features of national development?
Scope of National Development:
- National Development seeks to remove poverty.
- It improves the National Income as well as per-capita income.
- It develops quality in Education.
- In addition, it brings revolutionary change in the field of Agriculture.
- It develops Transport and Communication.
- Development of Medical facilities.
TOP TEN LIST OF SOCIAL PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA AND SOLUTIONS
- NATIONAL IDENTITY. Nigeria still struggles with having a national identity due to her differences.
- HIGH CHILD MORTALITY RATE.
- HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT RATE.
- POOR STANDARD OF EDUCATION.
How can Nigeria economy be improved?
Select reform areas include: Leverage trade integration to harness the benefits of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area. Improve basic education financing to improve human capital outcomes. Leverage digital technologies to diversify the economy and create jobs for young workers.
What is the problem of economic development?
The problem of economic development,’ as Lucas (1988) states it, is the problem of accounting for the observed diversity in levels and rates of growth of per capita income across countries and across time.
What are the challenges of sustainable development?
The main challenges to sustainable development which are global in character include poverty and exclusion, unemployment, climate change, conflict and humanitarian aid, building peaceful and inclusive societies, building strong institutions of governance, and supporting the rule of law.
Corruption, poverty, war, hunger, healthcare, education, safety. These are only a few of the problems faced by people in developing countries. Many of these problems are caused by exclusion, fear, intimidation, broken infrastructure, and lack of money, resources, access to information, and tools.
What are the barriers to development?
productivity in agriculture, greater inequality in the size-distribution of income, higher rate of growth of population, lower levels of literacy, weaker political and administrative structures, and various socio-cultural characteristics.