- 1 What are the major problems of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
- 2 What are the major problems of guidance and Counselling?
- 3 What are the problems militating against the development of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
- 4 What are the problems in Counselling?
- 5 Why guidance is more than teaching the learners?
- 6 What are the problems of educational guidance?
- 7 What is the role of teacher as a Counsellor?
- 8 How do guidance counselors help students?
- 9 What is the guidance?
- 10 What are the factors responsible for the development of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
- 11 How can we overcome Counselling problems?
- 12 What are the 3 types of counseling?
- 13 What is the primary duty of a counselor?
What are the major problems of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
The issues range from lack of appraisal tools for counselling; poor physical facilities for counselling; inadequate communication by counsellors with teachers, administrators, students and parents; high ratio of students to counsellors, and counsellors ‘ lack of power to influence change in the school; lack of
What are the major problems of guidance and Counselling?
Various challenges to implementation of guidance and counselling programme included lack of specific time allocation, inadequate facilities, lack of cooperation from students and lack of cooperation from parents.
What are the problems militating against the development of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
Lack of shared understanding in the school and community about the role of guidance and counseling such as; Para- counseling views or attitude of the pupils, time allocated for practice, curriculum planning, political influence, changes in education plan, fund, and availability of trained personnel are some of the
What are the problems in Counselling?
- Anxiety (including panic/anxiety attacks)
- Grief and Loss.
- Anger Management.
- Alcohol and Drug dependency.
- Addictive Behaviors (food, sex, drug, alcohol, work)
- Self-Defeating Behaviors.
- Childhood Abuse (physical, emotional, and sexual)
Why guidance is more than teaching the learners?
Proper guidance helps them achieve their goals, well guided & counselled students know what to do and how to do things in the best possible way. It allows students to talk to teachers about various experiences that make them uncomfortable. They can openly share problems that they cannot share with their parents.
What are the problems of educational guidance?
Study found that teacher counsellors were facing many challenges like non-availability of adequate resources, lack of time, lack of professional training & skills, heavy work pressure, lack of parental support and support from school administration.
What is the role of teacher as a Counsellor?
Considered as the main resource for students, the teacher has the main responsibility in counseling and orientation being given the fact that he spends a long time in the presence of students, observes them in many contexts, he can supervise them better, he can evaluate them but in the same time because the teacher has
How do guidance counselors help students?
Counselors monitor students ‘ development and according to their needs they give students necessary support such as helping them to understand themselves and their needs, to solve their problems, to make realistic decisions, to improve their abilities and skills, and to adjust themselves and their environment in a
What is the guidance?
noun. the act or function of guiding; leadership; direction. advice or counseling, especially that provided for students choosing a course of study or preparing for a vocation. supervised care or assistance, especially therapeutic help in the treatment of minor emotional disturbances. something that guides.
What are the factors responsible for the development of guidance and Counselling in Nigeria?
The development of guidance and counseling started in Nigeria for various reasons which include: expansion in the enrollment of pupils in the primary and secondary schools after the independence in 1960, the growing need of youth in Nigeria, repeated changes in the education system and unrest in tertiary institutions
How can we overcome Counselling problems?
There are five steps to problem solving.
- Step 1: Identify your problems. Before you can solve a problem, you have to know what it is.
- Step 2: Pick a problem. Now select one problem from the list you have made.
- Step 3: Choose one of your solutions.
- Step 4: Make an action plan.
- Step 5: Think about how it went, then move on.
What are the 3 types of counseling?
The three major categories of developmental counseling are: Event counseling. Performance counseling. Professional growth counseling.
What is the primary duty of a counselor?
The primary role of a counselor is to assist clients in reaching their optimal level of psychosocial functioning through resolving negative patterns, prevention, rehabilitation, and improving quality of life.