Where can I buy Ponmo?
Buy ponmo online from www.themarketfoodshop.com.
How profitable is Ponmo business?
Ponmo business is very profitable you can be making between #2,000-#3,000 from one piece assuming you are selling 100 pieces every week do the mathematics and thank me later. It can be more than that depending on the season and location.
What is Ponmo called in English?
Peppered ” ponmo ” is another way to describe spicy, succulent cow skin that is typically prepared among the Yoruba in Nigeria. The full name is ” ponmo alata sue sue” which means “very hot and peppery cow skin”.
How do you process dried Ponmo?
Alternatively: Process further
- Place a large pot on medium-high heat and fill with oil. Heat up oil. Place cooled ponmo pieces in oil and fry until crispy. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Place fried ponmo pieces in a large bowl, cover with water and allow to rehydrate overnight.
How do you soak Kpomo?
- Wash and soak your dried kpomo for 1 to 2 days,try and change the water 2 to 3 times daily.
- After soaking remove the dirt by scraping with a knife and wash thoroughly.
- Boil water in a pot and add vinegar,potash and the kpomo and cook for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile,Wash and grind your bell pepper,ginger and garlic.
Is cow skin good to eat?
Nutritional value of offals Cow’s skin is high in gelatine, a protien from collagen, which is high in non-essential amino acids (those which the body can make) and very low in essential amino acids (those which must be provided by the diet).
What is Ponmo?
Ponmo is cow skin which has been processed for consumers to cook and eat like beef. Over the years cow skin popularly called ponmo has become an important delicacy that is eaten by everyone. When you order a plate of eba and egusi soup, you buy ponmo and meat.
Does cow skin contain protein?
100g of boiled, thick cow skin contains about 224.65kcal of energy, 6.80g of carbohydrate, about 43.9g of water, 46.9g of protein, 1.09g of fat, and 0.02g of fibre. Cow skin, Ponmo, contains a lot of collagen. When rating protein, the amino acid (building blocks of protein ) profile is often looked at.
What is cow skin called?
Cowhide is the natural, unbleached skin and hair of a cow. It retains the original coloring of the animal. Cowhides are a product of the food industry from cattle. Cowhide is frequently processed into leather.
How can I make my Kpomo soft?
1. Wash kpomo with salted water and use a knife to scrape the skin and the inner part to remove dirt. 2. Bring the kpomo into a wide pot, add seasoning to it and enough water, cook until the kpomo becomes soft.