- 1 When can I plant cucumber in Nigeria?
- 2 What is the best month to plant cucumber?
- 3 How do I start a cucumber farm?
- 4 How much is a bag of cucumber in Nigeria?
- 5 How many cucumbers do you get per plant?
- 6 How profitable is cucumber business in Nigeria?
- 7 What is the best way to grow cucumbers?
- 8 Do cucumbers need full sun?
- 9 What should you not plant next to cucumbers?
- 10 How many days does it take cucumber to grow?
- 11 How much water does a cucumber plant need per day?
- 12 How long does cucumber take to grow?
- 13 What is the best fertilizer for cucumber?
- 14 How many kg does a cucumber plant produce?
- 15 Where can I sell cucumber in Nigeria?
When can I plant cucumber in Nigeria?
Planting. Cucumber can be planted at any time of the year. The plants generally need adequate water to thrive, so if you’re planting during the dry season, there should be an irrigation system in place to ensure sufficient water supply. You can plant on bed and you should ensure the right spacing between the plants.
What is the best month to plant cucumber?
Planting Time Cucumbers are warm- season crops that don’t tolerate frost. In mild climates with long growing seasons, plant them outdoors between April and June. In very warm climates, plant cucumbers as early as February or March through July.
How do I start a cucumber farm?
- Step 1: Conduct a Feasibility Study and Prepare a Business Plan for Cucumber Farming.
- Step 2: Selection of a Suitable Land for the Cultivation of Cucumber.
- Step 3: Land Preparation for Planting Cucumber.
- Step 4: Add Compost Manure to Fertilize the Soil in the Cucumber Farm.
- Step 5: Select Viable Cucumber Seeds for Planting.
How much is a bag of cucumber in Nigeria?
A bag (25kg sack) of cucumber costs between 2,500 and 5,000 NGN Naira and it may be lesser or more depending on the season. The bag will contain between 50 – 60 cucumbers pieces depending on the size.
How many cucumbers do you get per plant?
Generally, a healthy pickling cucumber plant produces about 5 pounds of cucumbers per plant. If you plant cucumbers for slicing and eating fresh, plan on growing about 2 to 3 plants per person in your household; healthy plants generally grow 10, 6-ounce cucumbers per plant.
How profitable is cucumber business in Nigeria?
Cucumber Farming – Profit Analysis
|PROFIT ANALYSIS FOR ONE ACRE OF CUCUMBER – SCENARIO 1|
|Labour for 3 months||120,000.00|
What is the best way to grow cucumbers?
When planting cucumbers, drop three or four seeds in groups every 12 to 14 inches in the row. Cover the seeds with about 1 inch of fine soil. Use the flat side of a hoe to firm the soil over the seeds, but do not pack it. In small gardens, you can train cucumbers on a fence, trellis or cage if wire is available (Figs.
Do cucumbers need full sun?
Vegetables that produce fruits, like tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplant, need all the sun they can get. If you are going to try growing vegetables in shade, remember that they still need plenty of water––and water and shade are perfect conditions for snails and slugs.
What should you not plant next to cucumbers?
Two plants to avoid planting near cucumbers are melons and potatoes. Sage is not recommended as a companion plant near cucumbers either. Plants that grow well with cucumbers include legumes, as mentioned, but also the following:
- Peas – legume.
- Beans – legume.
How many days does it take cucumber to grow?
It mainly depends on variety, weather conditions, nutrients etc., Generally cucumber plants take approximately 55 to 70 days from germination to harvesting stage. 1. The germination stage alone takes 7 to 10 days.
How much water does a cucumber plant need per day?
Cucumber plants need at least 1 inch of water per day and may need more amount of water if the weather is hot.
How long does cucumber take to grow?
Cucumbers require a long growing season, and most are ready for harvest in 50 to 70 days from planting. The fruits ripen at different times on the vine, but it is essential to pick them when they are ready to avoid a bitter flavor that develops in cucumbers that are left on the vine too long.
What is the best fertilizer for cucumber?
Feed container grown cucumbers by mixing compost with your potting soil. You can also add a timed-released, low-nitrogen, high-potassium pelleted fertilizer with a N-P-K ratio similar to 2-3-6. Apply 1 tablespoon per pot at planting, and again when you see the first true leaves on your cucumbers.
How many kg does a cucumber plant produce?
Single plant will give you around 6-7 kgs of fruits.. Trellising is needed for harvesting quality fruits.
Where can I sell cucumber in Nigeria?
14 Cucumber Buyers & Importers in Nigeria
- Nelbabs Limited. We Sells Cucumber and all Vegetables.
- Rock Of Ages Farm. Rightful place for cucumber.
- Double Crown Farms.
- Divine Grace Farm.
- Booj Limited.
- Adabaz Global Nigeria Enterprise.