- 1 What is the best month to plant cucumber?
- 2 How much is a bag of cucumber in Nigeria?
- 3 How can I start a cucumber business in Nigeria?
- 4 How do I become a cucumber farmer?
- 5 How many cucumbers do you get per plant?
- 6 What should you not plant next to cucumbers?
- 7 How much is a kilo of cucumber in Nigeria?
- 8 What is the best fertilizer for cucumber?
- 9 Where can I sell cucumber in Nigeria?
- 10 Which crop is more profitable in Nigeria?
- 11 When can I plant cucumber in Nigeria?
- 12 How many days does it take cucumber to grow?
- 13 How many kg does a cucumber plant produce?
- 14 How much does cucumber seeds cost?
- 15 How many cucumbers can you plant per acre?
What is the best month to plant cucumber?
Planting Time Cucumbers are warm- season crops that don’t tolerate frost. In mild climates with long growing seasons, plant them outdoors between April and June. In very warm climates, plant cucumbers as early as February or March through July.
How much is a bag of cucumber in Nigeria?
A bag (25kg sack) of cucumber costs between 2,500 and 5,000 NGN Naira and it may be lesser or more depending on the season. The bag will contain between 50 – 60 cucumbers pieces depending on the size.
How can I start a cucumber business in Nigeria?
Steps On How To Start Cucumber Farming in Nigeria
- Step 1: Site Selection.
- Step 2: Land Preparation.
- Step 3: Seed Selection.
- Step 4: Planting.
- Step 5: Post Planting.
- Step 6: Harvesting.
- Step 7: Marketing.
How do I become a cucumber farmer?
- Step 1: Conduct a Feasibility Study and Prepare a Business Plan for Cucumber Farming.
- Step 2: Selection of a Suitable Land for the Cultivation of Cucumber.
- Step 3: Land Preparation for Planting Cucumber.
- Step 4: Add Compost Manure to Fertilize the Soil in the Cucumber Farm.
- Step 5: Select Viable Cucumber Seeds for Planting.
How many cucumbers do you get per plant?
Generally, a healthy pickling cucumber plant produces about 5 pounds of cucumbers per plant. If you plant cucumbers for slicing and eating fresh, plan on growing about 2 to 3 plants per person in your household; healthy plants generally grow 10, 6-ounce cucumbers per plant.
What should you not plant next to cucumbers?
Two plants to avoid planting near cucumbers are melons and potatoes. Sage is not recommended as a companion plant near cucumbers either. Plants that grow well with cucumbers include legumes, as mentioned, but also the following:
- Peas – legume.
- Beans – legume.
How much is a kilo of cucumber in Nigeria?
A kilogram of cucumbers in Lagos goes for N240 –N400. For those willing to sell the unorganized market, Mile 12 market Lagos, Aba market, Abeokuta market, Farin Gada, Jos or any open market around you.
What is the best fertilizer for cucumber?
Feed container grown cucumbers by mixing compost with your potting soil. You can also add a timed-released, low-nitrogen, high-potassium pelleted fertilizer with a N-P-K ratio similar to 2-3-6. Apply 1 tablespoon per pot at planting, and again when you see the first true leaves on your cucumbers.
Where can I sell cucumber in Nigeria?
14 Cucumber Buyers & Importers in Nigeria
- Nelbabs Limited. We Sells Cucumber and all Vegetables.
- Rock Of Ages Farm. Rightful place for cucumber.
- Double Crown Farms.
- Divine Grace Farm.
- Booj Limited.
- Adabaz Global Nigeria Enterprise.
Which crop is more profitable in Nigeria?
Even as expensive as it is, there is still a large demand for this commodity. Tomato is one of the Most Profitable Vegetables to Grow in Nigeria. Tomato farming is one of the most profitable Agric businesses to start in Nigeria and ideal farming ideal for small scale Nigerian farmers looking for quick money.
When can I plant cucumber in Nigeria?
Planting. Cucumber can be planted at any time of the year. The plants generally need adequate water to thrive, so if you’re planting during the dry season, there should be an irrigation system in place to ensure sufficient water supply. You can plant on bed and you should ensure the right spacing between the plants.
How many days does it take cucumber to grow?
It mainly depends on variety, weather conditions, nutrients etc., Generally cucumber plants take approximately 55 to 70 days from germination to harvesting stage. 1. The germination stage alone takes 7 to 10 days.
How many kg does a cucumber plant produce?
Single plant will give you around 6-7 kgs of fruits.. Trellising is needed for harvesting quality fruits.
How much does cucumber seeds cost?
Buy by the Packet or in Bulk
|Unit Size||Unit Price||Savings|
|1 Ounce Package||$9.50|
|1/4 Pound Package||$22.95||40%|
|1 Pound Sack||$52.95||65%|
How many cucumbers can you plant per acre?
Growers normally plant from 40,000 to 90,000 plants per acre. Some growers plant as many as 150,000 per acre. Although most cucumbers are picked by hand, the larger operations are mechanically harvested.