- 1 How long does it take to get a Nigerian passport?
- 2 How do I apply for a Nigerian passport?
- 3 How much is a standard Nigerian passport?
- 4 How much does it cost to renew a Nigerian passport?
- 5 How long does it take to get a Nigerian passport 2020?
- 6 Why is passport scarce in Nigeria?
- 7 Can I apply for Nigerian passport online?
- 8 How many types of passport does Nigeria have?
- 9 Can I travel back to Nigeria with an expired passport?
- 10 Which countries is Nigeria visa free to?
- 11 How much is visa to Dubai from Nigeria?
- 12 How many years does Nigeria international passport last?
- 13 Can I travel back to my home country with an expired passport?
- 14 How soon can I apply for a new passport before it expires?
- 15 How long does the passport process take?
How long does it take to get a Nigerian passport?
A new passport application takes around 48 hours to process after your biometric data has been captured. In some cases, it has been known to take up to a month to process, so make sure you apply well in advance.
How do I apply for a Nigerian passport?
General Procedures for Passport Application:
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal.
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
- Select a passport type “Standard e- Passport ” OR “Official e- Passport ”, then click on ‘Start Application ‘ button.
How much is a standard Nigerian passport?
Nigeria government launched a new enhanced security Nigerian international passport with 10 years validity. Furthermore, there is a new passport still with five years validity: The 32 pages will cost NGN25,000 in the country and USD130 outside the country.
How much does it cost to renew a Nigerian passport?
NOTE: The renewal fee is $45.00 plus $20.00 processing fee (Money Order Only), made out to the Embassy of Nigeria. Also include the passport that is to be renewed. You are required to renew your passport every five years after it is first issued to you. A Nigerian passport can only be renewed once.
How long does it take to get a Nigerian passport 2020?
Application for the Nigerian passport renewal takes around 72 hours to process after your biometric data has been captured. It has taken up to a month to process in some cases, so be sure to apply well in advance.
Why is passport scarce in Nigeria?
THISDAY investigations revealed that the major reason why the passport booklets are scarce is because the producer of the passports, Irish Technologies is allegedly owed debts that run into millions of dollars by the Ministry of Interior.
Can I apply for Nigerian passport online?
Apply for Passport Online You can now apply for a Nigerian passport online. The application process is simple and easy to use with online application guidelines.
How many types of passport does Nigeria have?
There are 5 different passport types. Standard, Diplomatic, Official, Seamans, Pilgrims. Diplomatic – This passport type is for protocol officers in government and Government ambassadors.
Can I travel back to Nigeria with an expired passport?
US nationals: United States citizens must have a passport valid for six months after date of arrival. A visa is required. However, no visa is required for former nationals of Nigeria with a valid foreign passport and an expired Nigerian passport.
Which countries is Nigeria visa free to?
List of Visa Free Countries for Nigeria Passport holders
- Bolivia – Visa On arrival /eVisa.
- Burkina Faso.
- Cape Verde.
- Comoros – Visa on Arrival.
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
How much is visa to Dubai from Nigeria?
Prearranged UAE visas
|Visa type||Duration||Approximate rate inclusive of VAT|
|Visa typeTourist – long term (single entry)||Duration90 days from arrival date||Approximate rate inclusive of VATUS$190|
|Visa typeTourist – long term (multiple entry)||Duration90 days from first entry||Approximate rate inclusive of VATUS$460|
How many years does Nigeria international passport last?
The Federal Government of Nigeria on Tuesday, 15 January 2019, unveiled the new Nigeria international passport with a 10- year validity.
Can I travel back to my home country with an expired passport?
No, you can ‘t travel back to your country on an expired passport if your passport expires while you’re away. In fact, if your passport is due to expire before the return flight to your country, you won’t be allowed to enter the country that you’re visiting in the first place.
How soon can I apply for a new passport before it expires?
Remember: you can apply to renew your passport at any time, regardless of its expiry date. However, as of September 2018, any unexpired time on your previous passport will be lost due to a policy change from the Passport Office. Previously, you could carry up to nine months over.
How long does the passport process take?
The State Department estimates a passport takes four to six weeks to process from the time you turn in your application (including the time it takes to mail it back to you), so leave plenty of time, especially in spring, when many people are preparing for the busy summer travel season.