- 1 How do I receive money through Western Union?
- 2 Is Western Union still working in Nigeria?
- 3 How much does it cost to send $100 through Western Union?
- 4 Which bank does Western Union in Nigeria?
- 5 Do I need an account to receive money from Western Union?
- 6 How much does it cost to receive money through Western Union?
- 7 What is the cheapest way to send someone money?
- 8 Can I send $5000 through Western Union?
- 9 How can I avoid Western Union fees?
- 10 What is the limit of Western Union in Nigeria?
- 11 Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
- 12 How long does it take to receive money from Western Union in Nigeria?
How do I receive money through Western Union?
- Visit an Agent Location: Use our online Agent locator to find a location near you.
- Provide the following information to the Agent Clerk. Correct money transfer control number (MTCN). Sender’s name. Where money was sent from. Expected amount. Valid ID. Test question and answer (if applicable)
- Receive the Money.
Is Western Union still working in Nigeria?
Yes. You can send money from most of our agent locations in Nigeria.
How much does it cost to send $100 through Western Union?
The fee is $4.50 to transfer up to $50 and $9.50 to send up to $900. Western Union, in comparison, charges $5 for a money transfer of up to $50, but a transfer of $900 could cost $76. There are a number of price points in between, dependent on the amount of money to transfer.
Which bank does Western Union in Nigeria?
So, the platform that allows you to receive Western Union payments straight to your bank account is Wema Bank’s ALAT. Alat is Nigeria’s first fully digital bank.
Do I need an account to receive money from Western Union?
The most convenient way to get your money through Western Union may be to have it sent directly to your bank account. If you need your money more quickly, or don’t have a bank account, you can also get your payment in local cash. In this case you need to give your sender your full name as shown on your ID documents.
How much does it cost to receive money through Western Union?
Receiving money is free of charge unless the receiver chooses to receive the money in a different currency or to a device or an account which was not part of the send transaction. Western Union may make money from foreign currency exchange.
What is the cheapest way to send someone money?
The Cheapest Ways to Send Money
- Cash App.
- Facebook Messenger.
- Mobile Pay.
- Online Bill Pay.
- Bank P2P Payments.
Can I send $5000 through Western Union?
AT AGENT LOCATION: There’s usually no restriction on the amount of money you may send at an agent location. ON THE PHONE: The money transfer limits range from $300 to $2,500. Note: Limits may vary based on sending and receiving location, so it’s best to check with Western Union itself before sending.
How can I avoid Western Union fees?
You can avoid these fees by using a debit card. * Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates, and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors.
What is the limit of Western Union in Nigeria?
A maximum send limit of 1,000USD Naira equivalent per customer per quarter, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
Sending money to Nigeria from USA or from any other country is often a big help for your relatives and your friends living there. But it can be hard as well because of the strict money transfer regulations because of the anti money laundering rules.
How long does it take to receive money from Western Union in Nigeria?
Money in Minutes service for pick up at an Agent location – generally delivered within minutes*. Next Day service for pick up at an Agent location is generally available the next day*. Direct to Bank deposit typically takes between 2 to 5 business days, but could vary, depending on country.