- 1 How do I transfer money to a Nigerian bank account?
- 2 What is the best way to send money to Nigeria?
- 3 Can dollar be sent to Nigeria account?
- 4 How can I send money Western Union from USA to Nigeria?
- 5 How do I receive a wire transfer in Nigeria?
- 6 How do I transfer money to someone else’s bank account?
- 7 Which app can I use to send money to Nigeria?
- 8 Does PayPal work in Nigeria?
- 9 How can I send cash?
- 10 Does Zelle work in Nigeria?
- 11 What money apps are international?
- 12 Does Western Union Pay dollars in Nigeria?
- 13 How much does it cost to send money from USA to Nigeria through Western Union?
- 14 Is Western Union banned in Nigeria?
- 15 Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
How do I transfer money to a Nigerian bank account?
You can send money to a Nigerian bank account in three simple steps.
- Select the type of service you want. You can choose a money transfer to the recipient’s bank account, or an airtime top up.
- Tell us where you want the money to go.
- Tell us whether you want to pay with your debit card or ACH, and provide the details.
What is the best way to send money to Nigeria?
If you want to send money to a bank account in Nigeria, we recommend using a specialist currency provider. If you’re transferring under $300 or equivalent, your best options include WorldRemit, TransferWise, Xoom or MoneyGram.
Can dollar be sent to Nigeria account?
What currency can I send to Nigeria? Your transfer can be delivered in US dollars (USD) as a bank deposit, or your recipient can pick up cash in person. If you’re sending a bank deposit, make sure your recipient has a domiciliary account that can receive deposits in US dollars.
How can I send money Western Union from USA to Nigeria?
Choose how to send money to Nigeria
- Online. Send money to Nigeria in minutes1 on westernunion.com. Send now.
- App. Transfer money to Nigeria from wherever you are. Download now.
- In-person. Send money to Nigeria from any one of over 55,000 agent locations across the US. Find an agent.
How do I receive a wire transfer in Nigeria?
To receive western union money transfer via Quickteller to your bank account
- Visit www.quickteller.com and signup for a Quickteller account.
- Click on the Send and Receive Money tile.
- Then click on the Western Union tile.
- Select your bank, either Zenith, GTBank, or FCMB.
- Also, select “Naira” under “Choose currency”
How do I transfer money to someone else’s bank account?
Option 1: Send money directly from your bank account to another bank account
- Use a service like Wise to send money straight from your bank account to another account, inside or outside the US.
- Make a domestic wire (pricey, but fast) from your bank.
- Use your bank’s billpay option (this works for a select list of banks )
Which app can I use to send money to Nigeria?
TalkRemit is the fast secure and low-cost online money transfer service for sending money to Nigeria. Our trusted global remittance platform and online money transfer app is the most convenient way to transfer money to Nigeria. It’s safe, reliable and hassle-free.
Does PayPal work in Nigeria?
Established in 1998 as Confinity, PayPal is the leading global payment system and is now available to residents of Nigeria. It is available in over 200 countries and territories around the world in 23 currencies.
How can I send cash?
How to send money online, on mobile or in person
- Venmo: Best rated for mobile.
- Zelle: Fastest for domestic transfers (tie with Google Pay).
- Google Pay: Fastest for domestic transfers (tie with Zelle).
- PayPal: Most popular online.
- Walmart-2-Walmart: Best for nonbank transfers.
Does Zelle work in Nigeria?
No, Zelle is available only in the US. The company allows sending money from one US bank account to another. Both the sender and the recipient must have US bank accounts. But you can always use Monito to find the cheapest option to send money abroad from the US.
What money apps are international?
Compare the Best Money Transfer Apps
|WorldRemit Best for International Transfers||iOS and Android|
|Cash App Best for Low Fees||iOS and Android|
|Venmo Best for Shared Bills||Apple iOS 10.0 or Android Lollipop (API 21) or higher devices|
|Facebook Pay Best for Small Transfers||Depends on the apps you already use|
Does Western Union Pay dollars in Nigeria?
Can I send money from Nigeria through Western Union? Yes. You can send money from most of our agent locations in Nigeria.
How much does it cost to send money from USA to Nigeria through Western Union?
Table 1: Sending $1000 from the US to Nigeria
|Transfer method||Fees to send $1k USD||Hidden conversion cost|
|Ria Money Transfer (fast)||$28||$2|
|Western Union (slow)||$12||$21|
Is Western Union banned in Nigeria?
On Aug. 2, Nigeria’s Central Bank issued a new directive (pdf) limiting the operations of money transfer operators (MTO) in the country. As a result, only three MTOs— Western Union, MoneyGram and Ria—were left free to operate in the country.
Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
Sending money to Nigeria from USA or from any other country is often a big help for your relatives and your friends living there. But it can be hard as well because of the strict money transfer regulations because of the anti money laundering rules.