- 1 How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria?
- 2 How do I register my business name in Nigeria online?
- 3 How do I register my business in Nigeria?
- 4 How long does it take to register a business name in Nigeria?
- 5 How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria 2021?
- 6 Can CAC registration be done online?
- 7 What are the benefits of registering a business name?
- 8 How much does a business name cost?
- 9 How do I create a business name?
- 10 What are the requirements for business registration?
- 11 What is the difference between registering a business name and a company?
- 12 Can 2 businesses have the same name?
- 13 What’s the difference between registering a company and business name?
How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria?
The CAC official filing fee for the registration of business name in Nigeria is N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only). However, where an accredited agent is engaged by the applicant for such registration, the agent will also charge a professional fee for the services to be rendered.
How do I register my business name in Nigeria online?
REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE: COMPANY, BUSINESS NAME, INCORPORATED TRUSTEES
- Reserve name.
- Log in with your profile.
- Select ” REGISTRATION ”
- Select the classification that is ” BUSINESS NAME, or COMPANY, or INCORPORATED TRUSTEE”.
- Enter the availability serial code.
- Click on continue.
How do I register my business in Nigeria?
Steps To Register A Business In Nigeria
- Step 1: Pick a Business Name.
- Step 2: Visit the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C)
- Step 3: Make a Second Visit to CAC.
- Step 4: Collect your business name certificate of registration.
How long does it take to register a business name in Nigeria?
The entire process for registering a business name normally takes 1-2 weeks, depending on the workload of the CAC and other factors. You do not need a lawyer to register a business name, however, if you want to register a company, you need the services of a lawyer or other accredited agent.
How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria 2021?
How Much Is Business Name Registration In Nigeria? The cost of registering your business name is #10,000. There will be an additional fee of #500 for business name reservation.
Can CAC registration be done online?
COMPANY REGISTRATION IN NIGERIA An individual can now register a company online with CAC, with little or no help from anyone, except for Section E in the Registration Form CAC 1.1, which requires the signature of a Legal Practitioner and attestation by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.
What are the benefits of registering a business name?
ADVANTAGES OF BUSINESS NAME
- Business name requires little capital.
- Business name is easy to register.
- Business name requires less formalities.
- A sole person can register a Business name.
- Profit of the business is solely owned by the owner.
- Tax liability in Business name is minimal.
How much does a business name cost?
The fees for registering a business name are: $37 for one year.
How do I create a business name?
How to come up with a business name
- Use acronyms.
- Create mash-ups.
- Get inspiration from mythology and literature.
- Use foreign words.
- Use your own name.
- Take a look at a map.
- Mix things up.
- Partner with another company.
What are the requirements for business registration?
Register your business in the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- DTI Certificate of Registration.
- Barangay Business Clearance.
- Mayor’s Permit.
- Certificate of Lease (if the place is rented) or Certificate of Land Title (if owned)
- Government-issued identification (Passport, Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, etc.
What is the difference between registering a business name and a company?
A Business name is a registration of a trade name for purposes of business whereas a Company of the incorporation of a separate legal entity to conduct business.
Can 2 businesses have the same name?
When You Cannot use a Similar or Exact Name If there is any potential for consumer confusion, you will not be able to use the same name as another company. Using the same name as another business will typically not be acceptable when: The other business registered for trademarks before you did.
What’s the difference between registering a company and business name?
Companies must be registered with ASIC, and company officeholders have legal obligations under the Corporations Act. Registering a business name does not provide exclusive ownership of that name. It also doesn’t prevent other people from being able to register and use similar names.