- 1 How do you call a +44 number?
- 2 How do you call a +44 number from the UK?
- 3 How do you call +234?
- 4 Is +44 the same as 0?
- 5 What does +44 mean in front of a telephone number?
- 6 Why is UK country code 44?
- 7 How do I dial a local number in the UK?
- 8 Why is the UK +44?
- 9 How do I call Lagos from UK?
- 10 Is Nigeria a safe country?
- 11 What is the cheapest way to call Nigeria from UK?
- 12 What is Nigeria country code and area code?
- 13 What is Nigeria postal code number?
How do you call a +44 number?
To call the UK from the US, just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 44, the country code for the U.K.
- Then the area code (2–5 digits).
- And finally the phone number (4–8 digits; area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
How do you call a +44 number from the UK?
From a UK mobile – dial 0161 123 4567. From overseas landline (most countries) – dial 00 44 161 123 4567. From overseas landline (US, Canada) – dial 00 44 161 123 4567. From overseas mobiles – dial + 44 161 123 4567.
How do you call +234?
234 Country Code – Nigeria Phone Code
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or ‘+’ from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Nigeria – 234.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Is +44 the same as 0?
44 is the country code for the UK. 0 is the long distance dialling code within the UK, from STD (subscriber Trunk Dialling) used to access the ‘long distance’ or trunk network. You don’t need it if dialling the UK from overseas as the call arrives already on the trunk network.
What does +44 mean in front of a telephone number?
+ 44 is the international dialing code for the United Kingdom. Using + 44 at the start of a British number allows you to call this number from outside of the UK.
Why is UK country code 44?
COUNTRY dialling codes were agreed in the early 1960s by the International Telecoms Union (a club of each country’s network providers). The UK and France were the main players in the ITU, so they took the “nicer” codes 44 and 33.
How do I dial a local number in the UK?
If you are calling from a fixed line phone you omit the area code (in London 020) and dial the 8 digit local number. From a mobile/cell phone dial the full 11 digits. Although even if you do dial your own area code from a fixed line, the call will still go through.
Why is the UK +44?
So, the code for the UK isn’t 44. The code actually means 4 for Europe and then 4 for the UK. In the US and Canada, the North American Numbering System was already in place by then.
How do I call Lagos from UK?
Dial the following to call Lagos, Nigeria from United Kingdom
- 00 – Exit code when making an international call from United Kingdom.
- 234 – Nigerian country code for inbound calls.
- 1 – Lagos city code.
- 00 + 234 + 1 + Local Number – International dialing code format.
Is Nigeria a safe country?
There is a high level of crime throughout Nigeria, including armed robbery, kidnapping for ransom, home invasions, carjacking and violent assault. Criminal activity is high in urban areas, including the city of Lagos, as well as on the northern border with Niger and Chad.
What is the cheapest way to call Nigeria from UK?
Cheap Calls to Nigeria Landlines and Mobiles
- Top up with credit.
- Make your calls using our access number. Dial 033 3232 2323 from your UK landline or mobile.
- Enter number to call. At the prompt, enter the number in Nigeria you want to call (not forgetting the 00234 international dialing code).
What is Nigeria country code and area code?
The Nigeria country code 234 will allow you to call Nigeria from another country. Nigeria telephone code 234 is dialed after the IDD. Nigeria international dialing 234 is followed by an area code. 80.3°F.
What is Nigeria postal code number?
The main postal head office in each region will have a postal code ending in 0001, so Garki Main HO in Abuja has the postal code 900001, Ikeja HO in Lagos has 100001, Lokoja in Kogi has 270001 and Port Harcourt has 500001. The lowest postcode is 100001 and the highest is 982002.