- 1 How do I receive money through Western Union?
- 2 Which bank does Western Union in Nigeria?
- 3 Is Western Union still available in Nigeria?
- 4 How long does it take to receive Western Union in Nigeria?
- 5 What does the receiver need for Western Union?
- 6 Do I need an account to receive money from Western Union?
- 7 What is the limit of Western Union in Nigeria?
- 8 Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
- 9 What is the best way to send money to Nigeria?
- 10 How much does it cost to send $100 through Western Union?
- 11 How long can money stay in Western Union before pick up?
- 12 How much does it cost to send money to Nigeria through Western Union?
- 13 How many hours does Western Union take?
- 14 How do I receive money from WorldRemit in Nigeria?
- 15 How long does Western Union Direct to Bank take?
How do I receive money through Western Union?
- Visit an Agent Location: Use our online Agent locator to find a location near you.
- Provide the following information to the Agent Clerk. Correct money transfer control number (MTCN). Sender’s name. Where money was sent from. Expected amount. Valid ID. Test question and answer (if applicable)
- Receive the Money.
Which bank does Western Union in Nigeria?
So, the platform that allows you to receive Western Union payments straight to your bank account is Wema Bank’s ALAT. Alat is Nigeria’s first fully digital bank.
Is Western Union still available in Nigeria?
Yes. You can send money from most of our agent locations in Nigeria.
How long does it take to receive Western Union in Nigeria?
Money in Minutes service for pick up at an Agent location – generally delivered within minutes*. Next Day service for pick up at an Agent location is generally available the next day*. Direct to Bank deposit typically takes between 2 to 5 business days, but could vary, depending on country.
What does the receiver need for Western Union?
Your government-issued ID to be shown at the agent location. Your cash or debit card to pay for the transfer amount and fees. Your receiver’s first and last name, to be entered as it appears on their government-issued ID. Your receiver’s country, and in some cases*** their full address.
Do I need an account to receive money from Western Union?
The most convenient way to get your money through Western Union may be to have it sent directly to your bank account. If you need your money more quickly, or don’t have a bank account, you can also get your payment in local cash. In this case you need to give your sender your full name as shown on your ID documents.
What is the limit of Western Union in Nigeria?
A maximum send limit of 1,000USD Naira equivalent per customer per quarter, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
Sending money to Nigeria from USA or from any other country is often a big help for your relatives and your friends living there. But it can be hard as well because of the strict money transfer regulations because of the anti money laundering rules.
What is the best way to send money to Nigeria?
If you want to send money to a bank account in Nigeria, we recommend using a specialist currency provider. If you’re transferring under $300 or equivalent, your best options include WorldRemit, TransferWise, Xoom or MoneyGram.
How much does it cost to send $100 through Western Union?
The fee is $4.50 to transfer up to $50 and $9.50 to send up to $900. Western Union, in comparison, charges $5 for a money transfer of up to $50, but a transfer of $900 could cost $76. There are a number of price points in between, dependent on the amount of money to transfer.
How long can money stay in Western Union before pick up?
Money transfers are available for 90 days. If the receiver is unable to pick up the money transfer and it has been 90 days, contact Customer Care for the money transfer to be renewed and made available for payout. Provide a short description of the article. The title appears in the article and in search results.
How much does it cost to send money to Nigeria through Western Union?
Table 1: Sending $1000 from the US to Nigeria
|Transfer method||Fees to send $1k USD||Total fees|
|Western Union (slow)||$12||$33|
|Western Union (fast)||$48||$69|
How many hours does Western Union take?
The money sent using the Next Day/2 Day money transfer service will be available for collection after 24 and 48 hours respectively. Account-based transfers generally take 3 business days, though transfers to mobile wallets are often available within minutes.
How do I receive money from WorldRemit in Nigeria?
How to receive a cash pickup transfer in Nigeria
- Ensure your sender uses your name as it appears on your ID and Bank Verification Number.
- Both you and your sender will receive a WorldRemit reference number and PIN after your sender completes the transaction on the WorldRemit app or website.
How long does Western Union Direct to Bank take?
Get money. Once details are confirmed, the money will reach your bank account within 1-2 business day.