- 1 How much does it cost to register a trademark in Nigeria?
- 2 How long does it take to register a trademark in Nigeria?
- 3 Can an individual own a trademark in Nigeria?
- 4 Who is in charge of trademark in Nigeria?
- 5 Can I put TM on my logo?
- 6 How much is trademark registration?
- 7 What is needed for trademark registration?
- 8 Does trademark expire in Nigeria?
- 9 Can I apply for a trademark online?
- 10 What trademark can be registered?
- 11 Who can own a trademark?
- 12 What are examples of trademark?
- 13 How much is patent in Nigeria?
- 14 How much does copyright cost in Nigeria?
- 15 How do I register my logo?
How much does it cost to register a trademark in Nigeria?
The cost of registering trademark in Nigeria ordinarily includes the filing fees and the professional fee of the lawyer or agent handling such application. The total cost, including the professional fee for registering a trademark, may range between $450 to about $600.
How long does it take to register a trademark in Nigeria?
The duration for registration of trademarks in Nigeria is usually a period of 3-4 months. Registration of trademark in Nigeria is renewed after 7 years.
Can an individual own a trademark in Nigeria?
Only legal or natural person may own a trademark in Nigeria. Barring all bureaucratic delays at the Registry, the entire process of registering a trademark usually takes about 12 to 18 months.
Who is in charge of trademark in Nigeria?
Trademarks are usually registered through the Trademarks, Patents and Designs Registry, Commercial Law Department of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment in Nigeria. There are three major stages involved in trademark registration.
Can I put TM on my logo?
The trademark symbol ( TM ) is a mark that companies often use on a logo, name, phrase, word, or design that represents the business. The ( TM ) symbol actually has no legal meaning. You can use the symbol on any mark that your company uses without registering it.
How much is trademark registration?
How Much Does It Cost to Register A Trademark? To register a trademark, the cost of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) fees are between $225 and $600, while attorney fees add $500 to $2,000 more.
What is needed for trademark registration?
Legal Requirements for Registering Your Trademark
- The trademark must be applied for under the actual owner’s name.
- The applicant must specify what type of entity it is (individual, corporation, etc.)
- The application must be based on actual use or a real intent to use the trademark in commerce.
Does trademark expire in Nigeria?
In Nigeria, trademarks are valid for 7 years from the date of the initial application. Following the initial period of registration, Applicants may renew trademarks from time to time.
Can I apply for a trademark online?
You can either do this yourself by going to the online website of the Controller general of patents, designs and trademarks.
What trademark can be registered?
One can have a trademark on letters, abbreviations, or a combination which are used for business and which are able to distinguish the goods or services offered by one person from another’s. For example “555”, “777”, “IBM”, “BMW”.
Who can own a trademark?
A trademark application may only be filed by the owner of the mark. Normally, the owner of a mark is the person who applies the mark to goods that he or she produces, or uses the mark in the sale or advertising of services that he or she performs.
What are examples of trademark?
Almost anything can be a trademark if it indicates the source of your goods and services. It could be a word, slogan, design, or combination of these. Some standard character examples include:
- Under Armour®
- It’s finger lickin’ good! ®
- Just do it®
- America runs on Dunkin’®
How much is patent in Nigeria?
The official fee for patent registration in Nigeria is about $75. A patent application is a dire process that requires expertise and considerable time to finalize. Usually, most patent lawyers charge between $600 to $1,500 for professional fees and other relating expenses.
How much does copyright cost in Nigeria?
The work goes to the public domain when the term of protection expires and third parties are allowed free use. What is the fee for registration? The fee for registration is ₦10, 000 (ten thousand naira) for those paying in naira, and $60 USD for those who are registering from outside Nigeria.
How do I register my logo?
How to Register a logo?
- Step 1: Choose a unique logo.
- Step 2: Apply for your logo registration at the earliest.
- Step 3- Examination of trademark application.
- Step 4- Show Cause Hearing.
- Step 5-Publication of Mark in Trademark Journal.
- Trademark registration & certification.