- 1 How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria?
- 2 How do I register my business name in Nigeria online?
- 3 How long does it take to register a business name in Nigeria?
- 4 How do I register my business in Nigeria?
- 5 How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria 2021?
- 6 Can CAC registration be done online?
- 7 How much does a business name cost?
- 8 How do I create a business name?
- 9 What is the difference between registering a business name and a company?
- 10 What are the benefits of registering a business name?
- 11 Can 2 businesses have the same name?
- 12 What are the requirements for business registration?
How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria?
The CAC official filing fee for the registration of business name in Nigeria is N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only). However, where an accredited agent is engaged by the applicant for such registration, the agent will also charge a professional fee for the services to be rendered.
How do I register my business name in Nigeria online?
REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE: COMPANY, BUSINESS NAME, INCORPORATED TRUSTEES
- Reserve name.
- Log in with your profile.
- Select ” REGISTRATION ”
- Select the classification that is ” BUSINESS NAME, or COMPANY, or INCORPORATED TRUSTEE”.
- Enter the availability serial code.
- Click on continue.
How long does it take to register a business name in Nigeria?
The entire process for registering a business name normally takes 1-2 weeks, depending on the workload of the CAC and other factors. You do not need a lawyer to register a business name, however, if you want to register a company, you need the services of a lawyer or other accredited agent.
How do I register my business in Nigeria?
Steps To Register A Business In Nigeria
- Step 1: Pick a Business Name.
- Step 2: Visit the Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C)
- Step 3: Make a Second Visit to CAC.
- Step 4: Collect your business name certificate of registration.
How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria 2021?
How Much Is Business Name Registration In Nigeria? The cost of registering your business name is #10,000. There will be an additional fee of #500 for business name reservation.
Can CAC registration be done online?
COMPANY REGISTRATION IN NIGERIA An individual can now register a company online with CAC, with little or no help from anyone, except for Section E in the Registration Form CAC 1.1, which requires the signature of a Legal Practitioner and attestation by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.
How much does a business name cost?
The fees for registering a business name are: $37 for one year.
How do I create a business name?
How to come up with a business name
- Use acronyms.
- Create mash-ups.
- Get inspiration from mythology and literature.
- Use foreign words.
- Use your own name.
- Take a look at a map.
- Mix things up.
- Partner with another company.
What is the difference between registering a business name and a company?
A Business name is a registration of a trade name for purposes of business whereas a Company of the incorporation of a separate legal entity to conduct business.
What are the benefits of registering a business name?
ADVANTAGES OF BUSINESS NAME
- Business name requires little capital.
- Business name is easy to register.
- Business name requires less formalities.
- A sole person can register a Business name.
- Profit of the business is solely owned by the owner.
- Tax liability in Business name is minimal.
Can 2 businesses have the same name?
When You Cannot use a Similar or Exact Name If there is any potential for consumer confusion, you will not be able to use the same name as another company. Using the same name as another business will typically not be acceptable when: The other business registered for trademarks before you did.
What are the requirements for business registration?
Register your business in the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- DTI Certificate of Registration.
- Barangay Business Clearance.
- Mayor’s Permit.
- Certificate of Lease (if the place is rented) or Certificate of Land Title (if owned)
- Government-issued identification (Passport, Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, etc.