- 1 How much does it cost to plan a wedding in Nigeria?
- 2 How do I plan a low budget wedding in Nigeria?
- 3 How do you plan a wedding in Nigeria?
- 4 How can I plan my Nigerian wedding in 3 months?
- 5 Who pays for the wedding in Nigeria?
- 6 How much does a small wedding cost in Nigeria?
- 7 What is the best budget for a wedding?
- 8 How can I save money for my wedding in Nigeria?
- 9 How do you plan a low budget wedding?
- 10 What are the first things to plan for a wedding?
- 11 How long is a Nigerian wedding?
- 12 What is a Nigerian traditional wedding?
- 13 How do you plan a simple wedding?
- 14 What should I do 2 months before my wedding?
- 15 Can I get a wedding dress in 2 months?
How much does it cost to plan a wedding in Nigeria?
A successful wedding in Nigeria is usually known for big spending. An average wedding in Nigeria costs about ₦600,000 to ₦3,000,000. That is over $3,000 for just 6 hours of festivities, dancing, and eating.
How do I plan a low budget wedding in Nigeria?
- 8 Low Key Wedding Ideas for Small Weddings that Look Like a Million Bucks.
- #1. Make a Wedding Shopping List.
- #2. Make a Wedding To-Do List and Timeline.
- #3. Ask For Help.
- #4. Keep Your Attendants (Bridesmaids and Groomsmen) Few.
- #5. Keep the Meal Style Simple.
- #6. Limit (Food) Menu Options.
How do you plan a wedding in Nigeria?
PART 1: Before You Set out Planning a Nigerian Wedding
- Get the date fixed.
- Decide on the Wedding Type.
- Make Your Wedding budget.
- Create Your Wedding Planner guide.
- Get a Detailed Wedding Checklist.
How can I plan my Nigerian wedding in 3 months?
How to Plan A Nigerian Wedding in Three Months
- Address the Basics.
- Book A Wedding Reception Venue.
- Send Out Wedding Invitations.
- Shop For Wedding Dress.
- Shop For Wedding Suit.
- Shop For Wedding Rings.
- Book Your Wedding Vendors.
- Make The Arrangements For A Wedding Officiator.
Who pays for the wedding in Nigeria?
There is no fixed rule or guideline, and the answer varies from culture to culture and from family to family. The parents cover the cost of most Nigerian weddings but we are beginning to see more financially stable couples choose to pay for their wedding themselves.
How much does a small wedding cost in Nigeria?
The average cost of the 5 small Nigerian weddings we showcased in the examples is N1,022,280.00 – in case you wanted to know. Note that this may not be the typical average cost of Nigerian weddings, but at least you get an idea to start preparing for how much to plan to spend in your own wedding.
What is the best budget for a wedding?
A $30,000 Wedding Budget Breakdown
- Church/Ceremony Rental: $400.
- Wedding Planner: $2,800.
- Reception Venue and Full-Service Catering: $17,000, including all food, alcohol, rentals, and staff for 140 guests.
- Flowers: $2,500.
- Photography and Videography: $4,000.
- Attire: $1,400 dress; $250 suit.
- Live Band: $3,000.
How can I save money for my wedding in Nigeria?
9 Cost- Saving Ideas to Cut Down Wedding Cost in Nigeria
- #1: Pre-agree on a Specific Number of Guests.
- #2: Use Text Messaging to Send Out Wedding Invites.
- #3: Use the Same Venue for Both the Wedding Ceremony and Reception.
- #4: Have White and Trad Wedding on Same Day.
- #5: Avoid Setting Your Wedding Date On a Busy Month/ Week.
How do you plan a low budget wedding?
Here are seven ways to keep wedding costs down and help you stay on budget!
- Limit your guest list.
- Host the ceremony or reception at home or outside.
- Ask friends and family to exchange skills for presents.
- Do-it-yourself whenever possible.
- Use a dummy wedding cake.
- Time your wedding wisely.
- Scout out vendors.
What are the first things to plan for a wedding?
First Steps to Planning a Wedding
- Enjoy Being Engaged. Kiss each other a thousand times.
- Tell Your Parents. You should tell your parents about your impending nuptials before anyone else.
- Purchase a Journal and Use It.
- Announce Your Engagement.
- Set the Date.
- Set the Tone of Your Event.
- Set the Budget.
- Choose Your Attendants.
How long is a Nigerian wedding?
Nigerian nuptial ceremonies are typically between 30 minutes to one hour long while the reception generally lasts anywhere from four to six hours so there’s enough time for outfit changes and sufficient dancing.
What is a Nigerian traditional wedding?
Essentially, the Nigerian ceremony is a traditional engagement. It goes back to being in Nigeria, where the couple would bring their two families together—often from two different villages—to meet one another and approve of their engagement so that they could be married.
How do you plan a simple wedding?
9 Ways To Keep Your Wedding Simple
- Make your guest list the A-list.
- Hire a wedding planner/day-of coordinator.
- Pick a venue or setting that looks great au naturel.
- Get married and have your reception in the same place!
- Embrace “All Inclusive”.
- Give your bridal party fashion freedom.
- Shorten the timeline!
- Ditch the fluff.
What should I do 2 months before my wedding?
2 -3 Months Before the Wedding
- Send invitations to guests.
- Attend dress fittings.
- Choose and order wedding rings.
- Organise gifts for parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen and each other.
- Buy shoes, accessories, hair-pieces, bow ties etc – allow for longer if you’re ordering online.
- Organise outfits for flower girls or page boys.
Can I get a wedding dress in 2 months?
While most brides start shopping for a gown at least eight months before their big day, there are lots of reasons why you might need a last-minute wedding dress. Turns out it that it is totally possible to find a last-minute wedding dress, so long as you’re willing to be flexible and do some research.