- 1 What are the requirements for national ID card in Nigeria?
- 2 Can I do my national ID card online?
- 3 Is Nin the same as national ID card?
- 4 Is national ID card free in Nigeria?
- 5 Who is eligible for NIN?
- 6 How can I know if my national identity card is ready?
- 7 Where can I do my national ID card?
- 8 How long does it take to get national ID card in Nigeria?
- 9 Which bank does Nimc?
- 10 Does Zenith Bank do national ID card?
- 11 How much is a national identity card?
- 12 How much does it cost to do Nin?
- 13 How do I register for MTN NIN?
What are the requirements for national ID card in Nigeria?
How to Enrol (Adults)
- Old National ID Card.
- Driver’s License.
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport.
- Certificate of Origin.
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community.
- Birth certificate.
- Declaration of age.
Can I do my national ID card online?
To download your enrolment form online go to www.nimc.gov.ng. Fill all forms in block letters and proceed to the nearest enrolment Centre for biometrics capturing in order to obtain the National Identification Number (NIN). Note: you can also pick up an enrolment form at NIMC’S ERC.
Is Nin the same as national ID card?
It is important to note that the 11-digit National Identification Number ( NIN ) is not the same thing as the National e- ID Card which is a physical token. The NIN can be used on its own for digital identity verification without the e- ID card.
Is national ID card free in Nigeria?
Managed by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), the enrollment, issuance of the NIN ( National Identification Number *), and ID card are free of charge.
Who is eligible for NIN?
The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also used to establish or verify his/her identity. All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NINs.
How can I know if my national identity card is ready?
Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website. Scroll down the home page and click on ‘e- ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready and in an activation centre. Now, fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC check tracking ID and hit the ‘ check now’ icon.
Where can I do my national ID card?
For getting an Emirates ID card, the applicant has to fill the eForm at one of the authorised typing centres or through the online form available on website of Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC).
How long does it take to get national ID card in Nigeria?
NIN issuance The normal time frame for issuance of National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is 2 to 3 working days from the time the biometric details are captured at enrolment centers. The issuance of NIN may take longer in certain cases due to validation of details at NIMC.
Which bank does Nimc?
NIMC National ID Card Enrollment – Polaris Bank Limited.
Does Zenith Bank do national ID card?
You can now enrol for your National Identification Number at designated Zenith Bank branches!
How much is a national identity card?
Your ID card A standard application costs £15 and takes up to 21 days. If you need your card urgently, we have a fast track application process which costs £30 and takes 1-2 working days.
How much does it cost to do Nin?
Download Full List of Fees >>
|NIMC Service/Product||Fee||More Details|
|NIN – 1st Issuance (Adults)||FREE||View >>|
|NIN – 1st Issuance (Minors)||FREE||View >>|
|Modifications (Adults)||N500 per updatable field (note Date of Birth not included in this group and carries its own fee of N15,000)||View >>|
How do I register for MTN NIN?
Follow these steps to register your NIN via the MTN Shortcode:
- Dial *785# then send.
- A window will pop-up stating you should input your 11 Digit National Identification Number.
- Input your 11 Digit National Identification Number Then send. A window will pop-up stating “your NIN has been successfully received”.