- 1 How can I change my name legally in Nigeria?
- 2 How can I officially change my name?
- 3 How do I change my name after marriage in Nigeria?
- 4 What is affidavit for change of name?
- 5 How can I change my bank account name in Nigeria?
- 6 Can you use a different name without legally changing it?
- 7 What are the benefits of changing your name?
- 8 How do I change my name on all documents?
- 9 How do I permanently change my name on Zoom?
- 10 How do I change my name to my husband’s name?
- 11 How much does it cost to swear an affidavit in Nigeria?
- 12 Is it necessary to change name in passport after marriage?
- 13 Is affidavit enough for name change?
- 14 How do I change my name?
- 15 What documents are required for name change in passport?
How can I change my name legally in Nigeria?
Process for changing your name in Nigeria The first step is to swear an affidavit in court stating your intention to change your name. An affidavit is a technical term for a sworn statement in writing made especially under oath or on affirmation before an authorized magistrate or officer of the court.
How can I officially change my name?
Furnish Documents Required For Name Change
- An affidavit duly signed by the applicant and attested by Judicial Magistrate/Notary.
- Original newspaper in which name change ad is given.
- Prescribed proforma (should be computer typed and not handwritten) with signatures of applicant and two witnesses.
How do I change my name after marriage in Nigeria?
Change your Name on your Nigerian Passport after Marriage – Documents Needed
- Filled form for a change of name on passport.
- Letter of application for a change of name addressed to The Consular General.
- Sworn affidavit.
- Newspaper publication.
- Passport photograph.
- Photocopy of your husband’s passport data page.
What is affidavit for change of name?
When To Use Affidavit For Change Of Name? This affidavit should be used if you are changing your original name to a new name and have discarded the old name. If you need to make an affidavit to state that you have used variations of the same name, or known by two names, please use One and the Same Name Affidavit.
How can I change my bank account name in Nigeria?
- A court affidavit declaring the new name.
- A valid ID card with the new name on it.
- A newspaper publication announcing the new name to the general public.
- A written letter addressed to the bank manager on the reasons for the change of name.
- A duly filled customer information update form.
Can you use a different name without legally changing it?
In California you can legally change your gender with or without a name change. In this case, you do not need a court order unless you want one.
What are the benefits of changing your name?
Legally changing your name does offer quite a few potential benefits. First of all, it can give you a fresh start. Whether you want to put a difficult past behind you, escape the attentions of a stalker or start fresh during a new phase in your life, a legal name change can be very empowering.
How do I change my name on all documents?
DOCUMENTS INVOLVED IN THE WHOLE PROCESS
- Name Change Affidavit.
- Newspaper Publication.
- Name Change Deed.
- Request letter to the Secretariat.
- Name Change Statement.
- Reply Letter from the Secretariat.
- Publication Money Receipt.
- Gazette Notification.
How do I permanently change my name on Zoom?
- Open the Zoom application on the desktop.
- Tap on the Profile icon and choose my profile.
- This will take you to your profile page where you can edit details from your profile.
- Tap on Edit towards the right of the profile picture.
- Feed-in your desired name in the First name and last name fields.
How do I change my name to my husband’s name?
How to Change Your Name in 10 Steps
- Get Your Marriage License and Certified Copies.
- Update Your Social Security Card.
- Get a New Driver’s License.
- Get a New Passport and Travel Documents.
- Change the Name on Your Bank Accounts.
- Change the Name on Your Credit Cards.
- Provide Your New Name and Banking Information to Your Employer.
How much does it cost to swear an affidavit in Nigeria?
According to an article posted by AllAfrica, “the official fee for obtaining an affidavit in most magistrates and State High Courts is 250 Naira” [approximately C$1.70] (14 Mar. 2011).
Is it necessary to change name in passport after marriage?
In case a lady retains her maiden name after marriage, nothing changes in the passport application process and no need to update an existing passport. You have to apply for a ‘Re-issue’ of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars to change the name in the passport.
Is affidavit enough for name change?
Affidavits can be used for changing the whole name, surname or just a few letters. Keep a copy of the affidavit. This is a crucial document and comes in handy for any future legal formalities.
How do I change my name?
Steps to Legally Change Your Name
- Petition to change your name by filling out a name change form, an order to show cause for legally changing your name, and a decree to legally change your name.
- Take these forms to the court clerk and file them along with your state’s required filing fees.
What documents are required for name change in passport?
Original marriage certificate with a photocopy and Self attested photocopies of passports of his/her spouse or. Divorcees applying for a change of name are required to furnish a divorce decree authenticated by the court; or. In case of change of name following death of spouse, copy of death certificate of spouse; or.