- 1 What is another Nigerian name for parsley leaf?
- 2 What is parsley leaf in Igbo?
- 3 What is Basil called in Nigeria?
- 4 Is parsley and basil the same?
- 5 What is the local name for parsley?
- 6 What is cinnamon called in Nigeria?
- 7 What is another name for parsley?
- 8 What parsley is good for?
- 9 What is celery leaves called in NiGeRiA?
- 10 What is the English name of scent leave?
- 11 What is the local name of basil?
- 12 What is the English name for Nunum?
- 13 Which is healthier basil or parsley?
- 14 What spice is closest to Parsley?
- 15 What can I use instead of basil?
What is another Nigerian name for parsley leaf?
Parsley leaf popularly known as Scent leaf in the western part of Africa, fondly and Locally known as “Effirin” in the Yoruba language.
What is parsley leaf in Igbo?
– Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa names of Parsley. Igbo language: Nchanwu in Igboland. Hausa language: Ganyen faski or Lansil. Botanical names: Petroselinum hortense and/or Petroselinum crispum.
What is Basil called in Nigeria?
yoruba name for basil leaf. African Basil leaf or Scent leaf as the case may be, also known as Ocimumgratissimum as its botanical name, then the Yoruba referred to it as EFIRIN, NCHANWU by the igbo, DAIDOYA in the northern part of Nigeria Basil leaf is an herb.
Is parsley and basil the same?
The difference between basil and parsley is that Basil consists of big, circular leaves, with a subtle minty taste and fresh fragrant smell. Parsley has smaller leaves that are serrated with a taste more bitter, woody, and slightly spicy flavor. Basil adds freshness to both sweet and savory recipes especially pasta.
What is the local name for parsley?
Petroselinum crispum ( parsley )
What is cinnamon called in Nigeria?
Cinnamon is called Oloorun in Yoruba. It is a beneficial spice that has great medicinal effects.
What is another name for parsley?
What is another word for parsley?
|curly-leaf parsley||curly parsley|
|flat-leaf parsley||flat parsley|
What parsley is good for?
It’s particularly rich in vitamins A, C, and K. The vitamins and beneficial plant compounds in parsley may improve bone health, protect against chronic diseases, and provide antioxidant benefits. You can incorporate dried or fresh leaves easily into your diet by adding them to soups, salads, marinades, and sauces.
What is celery leaves called in NiGeRiA?
The Yorubas call the celery herb seleri.
What is the English name of scent leave?
Efinrin: African blue basil ( scent leaf ) English Name: African Basil Local Name: Efirin (Yoruba), Nahianwu(Igbo), Daidoya(Hausa) Botanically: Ocimum gratissimum, Family Labiatae. Find this Pin and more on Edible garden by Ubon Udombat.
What is the local name of basil?
Ocimum basilicum ( basil )
What is the English name for Nunum?
Which is healthier basil or parsley?
Basil has a higher amount of Vitamin B6, which is 72%, whereas Parsley has 14% vitamin B6. Basil contains 7% Vitamin B5, 1556% Vitamin K, 90% Vitamin C, and 317% Vitamin A. Parsley has 665% Vitamin C, 6150% Vitamin K, 506% Vitamin A. All these vitamins make them great for our health.
What spice is closest to Parsley?
10 Great Substitutes for Parsley
- Chervil. Chervil is closely related to parsley, but it has a milder flavor — making it well suited for substituting fresh or dried parsley.
- Tarragon. Tarragon is a staple herb in French cuisine.
What can I use instead of basil?
Best basil substitute
- Oregano. The best substitute for basil? Oregano. Keep in mind: the flavor profile is not the same!
- Tarragon. The next best substitute for basil? Tarragon.
- Mint. The last substitute for basil: mint! Like both oregano and tarragon, the flavor profile is not the same.