- 1 When did Nigeria have 36 states?
- 2 What is the biggest state in Nigeria?
- 3 Which state is the richest in Nigeria?
- 4 How Nigeria is divided?
- 5 Which state is the Centre of Nigeria?
- 6 Which state is the smallest state in Nigeria?
- 7 Which state in Nigeria is most educated?
- 8 Which state in Nigeria is the most beautiful state?
- 9 Which state is the cleanest state in Nigeria?
- 10 Which states are the poorest in Nigeria?
- 11 How big is Nigeria vs USA?
- 12 Which city is the most beautiful city in Nigeria?
- 13 Who divided Nigeria into three parts?
- 14 Is Nigeria divided by religion?
- 15 Who sold Nigeria to British?
When did Nigeria have 36 states?
In 1987 two new states were established, followed by another nine in 1991, bringing the total to 30. The latest change, in 1996, resulted in the present number of 36 states.
What is the biggest state in Nigeria?
List of Nigerian states by area
Which state is the richest in Nigeria?
Lagos State. Lagos state is the richest state in Nigeria, it was founded on 27th May 1967 and was the then Federal Capital Territory for the colonial administrators. Lagos also served as a major financial center as it is Nigeria’s largest urban area.
How Nigeria is divided?
Nigeria is a federation of thirty-six states and one Federal Capital Territory, which are divided into 774 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in total. A clickable map of Nigeria showing its 36 states and the federal capital territory.
Which state is the Centre of Nigeria?
FCT was formed in 1976 from parts of the states of old Kwara, Niger, Kaduna and Plateau States with the bulk of landmass carved out of Niger State. Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
|Federal Capital Territory|
|Nickname(s): Centre of Unity|
|Location of Federal Capital Territory in Nigeria|
|Coordinates: 8°50′N 7°10′ECoordinates: 8°50′N 7°10′E|
Which state is the smallest state in Nigeria?
Lagos State Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria with a size of only 3,345 square kilometers.
Which state in Nigeria is most educated?
List by UNESCO (2012)
|Rang||State||literacy rate (in %)|
Which state in Nigeria is the most beautiful state?
In no particular order, these are the top 10 most beautiful States in Nigeria this 2021:
- FCT, ABUJA. The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja is the nation’s capital city.
- LAGOS STATE.
- ENUGU STATE.
- RIVERS STATE.
- KADUNA STATE.
- DELTA STATE.
- CROSS RIVER STATE.
- AKWA IBOM STATE.
Which state is the cleanest state in Nigeria?
By Okwy Iroegbu-Chikezie. Akwa Ibom State has emerged the cleanest state in the country, according to the index ratings by Clean Up Nigeria (CUN) of the Cleanest State in Nigeria. The group said Abuja emerged as the cleanest city in the cities category.
Which states are the poorest in Nigeria?
Top 20 poorest states in Nigeria and their road conditions
- Sokoto state. Sokoto state has been ranked as the poorest state in Nigeria after having a poverty level of 87.73% in 2019.
- Taraba state.
- Jigawa state.
- Ebonyi state.
- Adamawa state.
- Zamfara state.
- Yobe state.
- Niger state.
How big is Nigeria vs USA?
Nigeria is approximately 923,768 sq km, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km, making United States 965% larger than Nigeria.
Which city is the most beautiful city in Nigeria?
12 Most Beautiful Cities in Nigeria
- Ibadan. Ibadan, also known as the ‘ancient city ‘ is the capital of Oyo State.
- Abuja. Nigeria’s federal capital, Abuja, is one of the most developed and most beautiful cities in Nigeria.
- Port Harcourt.
Who divided Nigeria into three parts?
Bernard Bourdillon the Governor-general at that time initiated and laid the foundation of federalism in Nigeria in 1939 by creating three provinces. He later handed over the constitution to his successor Arthur Richards and it became the Richards Constitution of 1946.
Is Nigeria divided by religion?
Nigeria is divided roughly in half between Muslims, who live mostly in the north, and Christians, who live mostly in the south; indigenous religions, such as those native to the Igbo and Yoruba ethnicities, are in the minority.
Who sold Nigeria to British?
The Royal Niger Company sold its territory ( Nigeria ) to the British government for £865,000. In 1914, the Southern protectorate and Northern protectorate were amalgamated by Lord Lugard. Royal Niger Company changed its name to The Niger Company Ltd.