- 1 What are the 6 geopolitical zone in Nigeria?
- 2 What are the six geopolitical zones and their states?
- 3 Which geopolitical zone is the most populated in Nigeria?
- 4 How many regions are in Nigeria?
- 5 Who created the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria?
- 6 How many states are in north central Nigeria?
- 7 Who gave name Nigeria?
- 8 How many states are in north west Nigeria?
- 9 How many states are in north east Nigeria?
- 10 Who created South South in Nigeria?
- 11 What are the North West states in Nigeria?
- 12 How many states are in Nigeria?
- 13 Which tribe has the most beautiful ladies in Nigeria?
- 14 Which tribe is the dirtiest in Nigeria?
- 15 Which state in Nigeria is the most beautiful state?
What are the 6 geopolitical zone in Nigeria?
Nigeria is a Federal Republic comprising 36 States and its Federal Capital Territory, Abuja . The states are grouped into six geopolitical zones, the North Central (NC), North East (NE), North West (NW), South West (SW), South East (SE) and South (SS).
What are the six geopolitical zones and their states?
The 36 states and the FCT are grouped into six geopolitical zones:
- North Central (7 states ): Niger, Kogi, Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa (Nassarawa), Kwara and FCT.
- North East ( 6 states ): Bauchi, Borno, Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe and Yobe.
- North West (7 states ): Zamfara, Sokoto, Kaduna, Kebbi, Katsina, Kano and Jigawa.
Which geopolitical zone is the most populated in Nigeria?
According to data obtained from the National Population Commission, based on figures from the contentious 2006 census, the North-west zone is the most populated in Nigeria: Kano (9,383,682), Kaduna (6,066,562), Katsina (5,792,578), Jigawa (4,348,649), Sokoto (3,696,999), Zamfara (3,259,846), and Kebbi (3,238,628).
How many regions are in Nigeria?
Nigeria is a federation of 36 states and 1 Federal Capital Territory. Each of the 36 states is a semi-autonomous political unit that shares powers with the Federal Government as enumerated under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Chronology.
Who created the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria?
In 1993, General Sani Abacha created six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
How many states are in north central Nigeria?
North Central Nigeria consists of the seven states situated geographically in the middle belt region of the country, spanning from the west, around the confluence of the River Niger and the River Benue.
Who gave name Nigeria?
The name “ Nigeria ” was coined by the future Lady Lugard in an 1897 London Times article. With Lord Lugard’s arbitrary conception of Nigeria in mind, one can begin to see the many and varied problems colonialism created in Nigeria, across West Africa, and around the world.
How many states are in north west Nigeria?
Nigeria’s North West, one of the country’s six geopolitical zones, comprises seven of the country’s 36 states. These are Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara.
How many states are in north east Nigeria?
Of the six states in the northeast, the bulk of the operational aid presence is concentrated in the three states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, where the Nigerian government declared a state of emergency.
Who created South South in Nigeria?
The South South Region was created from both the Western and Eastern regions of Nigeria on 27 May 1967, by the regime of General Yakubu Gowon. Edo and Delta states formerly Bendel state from the Western region, while Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross river states from the Eastern region.
What are the North West states in Nigeria?
North West ( Nigeria )
How many states are in Nigeria?
Nigeria is a federal republic of 36 states and a federal capital territory, with a population of about 150 million.
Which tribe has the most beautiful ladies in Nigeria?
OGUN: Ogun Girls are the most beautiful when it comes to core Yoruba women. They are an all in one package of beauty and brains.
Which tribe is the dirtiest in Nigeria?
The most dirtiest tribes today in Nigeria are the Igala, Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba, Kambara and the Idoma tribes respectively. This is due to the unclean environment of the areas of these tribes.
Which state in Nigeria is the most beautiful state?
In no particular order, these are the top 10 most beautiful States in Nigeria this 2021:
- FCT, ABUJA. The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja is the nation’s capital city.
- LAGOS STATE.
- ENUGU STATE.
- RIVERS STATE.
- KADUNA STATE.
- DELTA STATE.
- CROSS RIVER STATE.
- AKWA IBOM STATE.